APPSC 2021 – Check Notification, Vacancy, Eligibility, Application For APPSC Group 1,2,3 and 4
What is APPSC?
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) conducts various recruitment exams to fill the vacancies in multiple government departments. The commission was formed on November 1, 1956, at the time of the formation of Andhra Pradesh as a separate state. This body is regulated by the state government and handles the recruitment exams for Groups 1, 2, 3, and 4 posts.
APPSC 2021: The exam of APPSC is conducted every year for the recruitment of different posts. The commission has divided the APPSC exam into four groups as APPSC Group – 1, APPSC Group – 2, APPSC Group – 3, and APPSC Group – 4. There are different posts for recruitment offered under these four groups. The exam for all the groups is conducted in three phases like prelims and mains exam, and personal interview.
The final selection of candidates is done after the final interview and personality test round conducted by the authorities (for most of the vacancies). The syllabus for all the posts recruitment exam is provided on the official website of APPSC. We have provided the pay scale offered to the selected candidates under different posts as per the APPSC recruitment. The tentative dates for prelims and mains exam of APPSC are listed under this article.
The APPSC recruitment is done for both Non – Gazetted Posts, and Gazetted Posts. We have provided all the information about the APPSC 2021 exam in this article for all the groups, such as the eligibility criteria, application process, post-wise salary offered to the selected candidates by the authorities in APPSC.
APPSC 2021: Overview
Find below the brief details about the APPSC exam:
Overview of APPSC exam
|Frequency||Once a year|
|APPSC Exam Groups||Groups 1, 2, 3, and 4|
|Exam Name||APPSC Exam|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Exam Centre Cities||Across the state of Andhra Pradesh|
|Exam Type||Recruitment Exam|
APPSC Exam and Important Dates 2021
The exam dates of APPSC recruitment for the next year have not been announced by the authorities. To get an idea about the details we have provided the tentative dates based on the past year’s exam dates of APPSC. By getting an idea of the tentative dates of APPSC 2021, candidates may start their exam preparations accordingly.
List of Dates and Events
|Posts||Prelims Dates||Mains Dates|
|Degree College Lecturer||Second week of May 2021||Second week of September 2021|
|Assistant B. C./ Social / Tribal Welfare Officer||Third week of May 2021||Third week of September 2021|
|Royalty Inspector in A.P. Mining Service||Third week of May 2021||Third week of September 2021|
|Civil Asst. Surgeons in A.P Insurance Medical Service||Third week of May 2021||Third week of September 2021|
|Technical Assistant (Automobile Engineering) in A.P Police Transport Organization||Fourth week of May 2021||Fourth week of September 2021|
|Assistant Director in Andhra Pradesh Town & Country Planning||Fourth week of May 2021||Fourth week of September 2021|
|Assistant Chemist in A.P. Ground Water Service||Fourth week of May 2021||Fourth week of September 2021|
|Town Planning Assistant in A.P. Town & Country Planning Service||Fourth week of May 2021||Fourth week of September 2021|
|Deputy Inspector of Survey in A.P. Survey and Land Records Sub Service||The first week of June 2021||The first week of October 2021|
|Technical Assistant in A.P. Mines and Geology Sub-Service||The first week of June 2021||The first week of October 2021|
|Technical Assistants in A.P. Archaeology & Museums Sub Service||The second week of June 2021||The second week of October 2021|
|Technical Assistant (Geophysics) in A.P. Ground Water Sub-Service||The second week of June 2021||The second week of October 2021|
|Zilla Sainik Welfare Officers in Sainik Welfare Service||The second week of June 2021||The second week of October 2021|
|Welfare Organizer in A.P. Sainik Welfare Sub-Service||Last week of June 2021||Last week of October 2021|
|Technical Assistants (Hydrogeology) in A.P. Ground Water Sub-Service||Last week of June 2021||Last week of October 2021|
|Non – Gazetted Posts||Will be updated soon||Will be updated soon|
|Gazetted Posts||Will be updated soon||Will be updated soon|
Note: We will update the exact dates for APPSC recruitment exams in the above table after the issue of official notification.
APPSC Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates willing to apply for the APPSC exam 2021, must check out the eligibility criteria before filling the application form online. The eligibility criteria for all the groups of APPSC exam is different as per the post offered by the authorities. However, there are some specific measures of eligibility which are applicable for the candidates of all the categories as provided below:
- Each candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be in a good physical and mental state and should satisfy the conditions applied by the authorities for public services recruitment as per the groups.
- Candidates must be having a good character and work record in his /her past working organizations.
- The authorities have provided age relaxation up to 5 years of age for the candidates belonging to ST /SC /Backward class category, 10 years relaxation for the PwD category, service period, and 3 years relaxation for the Ex-servicemen, maximum five years for the government employee under Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates should be physically fit to apply for the different recruitment positions of APPSC.
Eligibility Criteria for APPSC Group 1
Find below the eligibility criteria to apply for the APPSC Group 1 exam 2021:
Educational Eligibility: To apply for any post under group 1 of APPSC, the candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized University as per the required discipline for posts provided below:
- District Fire Officers in A.P. Fire Service: Graduation specialized in engineering (fire) from a recognized University or any other equivalent degree.
- Assistant Treasury Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer in A.P. Treasury & Accounts Service: Graduation in economics, commerce, mathematics, from a recognized University by UGC, or chartered accountant course from the United Kingdom or India, or incorporated accountant course from London.
- District Social Welfare Officer in A.P. Social Welfare Service: Graduation in Sociology from a recognized University in India, or any other equivalent degree in social work, or sociology.
Age Relaxation Criteria: To apply for the group 1 exam of APPSC, the authorities have provided the age limit as per the different category posts as given below:
- Post Code 1 – Deputy Collector: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post Code 2 – Assistant Commissioner: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post Code 3 – Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat -2): 21 to 28 years of age
- Post Code 4 – Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men): 21 to 28 years of age
- Post Code 5 – District Fire Officer: 21 to 26 years of age
- Post Code 6 – Asst Treasury Officer/Asst Accounts Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post Code 7 – Regional Transport Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post Code 8 – Asst Prohibition & Excise Superintendent: 18 to 26 years of age
- Post Code 9 – Mandal Parishad Development Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 10 – District Registrar: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 11 – District Employment Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post Code 12 – Deputy Registrar: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 13 – District Tribal Welfare Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 14 – District Social Welfare Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 15 – District BC Welfare Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 16 – District Panchayat Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 17 – Municipal Commissioner Grade-II: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 18 – Administrative Officer /Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade-II: 18 to 42 years of age
- Post-Code 19 – Asst Audit Officer: 18 to 42 years of age
Note: The authorities have also provided the age relaxation for different category candidates as for ST /SC /OBC category there is a relaxation of 5 years, for Ex-serviceman relaxation of 3 years after the service period, for PwD relaxation of 10 years, and for the government employees of Andhra Pradesh relaxation of 5 years after their service period.
Eligibility Criteria for Group 2
To apply for group 2 under the APPSC exam, the candidate must fulfil the following eligibility criteria as per the post:
The educational eligibility for all the posts under the APPSC recruitment is different as provided below:
- Assistant Labour Officer: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
- Assistant Register: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
- Assistant Section Officer (Law Dept.): 3 or 5 years LL.B. from a recognized University in India.
- Senior Accountant in Insurance A.P. G.L.I sub-service: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
- Prohibition & Excise Sub Inspector: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
- Deputy Tahsildar: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
- Asst. Commercial Tax Officer: Graduation from a recognized University in India.
Age Eligibility: The age eligibility criteria for the posts of group 2 will be applicable as per the following conditions: 18 to 42 years of age
- Assistant Labour Officer:
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer:
- Prohibition and Excise Sub Inspector:
- Deputy Tahsildar:
- Municipal Commissioner Grade – III:
- Assistant Registrar:
- Extension Officer:
- Assistant Development Officers:
- Executive Officer Grade-I:
- Sr. Auditor:
- Senior Accountant:
- Junior Assistant:
- Assistant Section Officer:
Note: For the candidates belonging to the Physically handicapped category there is an age relaxation of up to 10 years, and for ST /SC / OBC category relaxation up to 5 years.
Physical Fitness: Following rules will be applicable for physical fitness:
- The height of the male candidate should not be less than 165 cm. For female candidates, the height should not be below 152.5 cm.
- The chest circumference of the male candidate should not be below 81cm after full exhaling (including the expansion of 5 cm).
- For female candidates, the weight should not be below 45.5 kg.
Eligibility for Group 3
Candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for any post under group 3 of APPSC:
Educational Eligibility: Candidate must be having a graduation degree from a recognized University in India incorporated under a State Act, UGC, Central Act, or any Provincial Act, for the post of Panchayat Secretary (Grade-IV) in A.P. Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service.
Age Eligibility: Candidates must be of at least 18 years of age and not more than 42 years of age. For the candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped category there is a relaxation of up to 10 years of age, and for ST /SC /OBC category relaxation up to 5 years of age.
Eligibility for Group 4
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the group 4 posts:
|Junior Assistant cum Typist in the Social Welfare Department||Candidates should have cleared the intermediate exam conducted by the Board of Intermediate Exam under A. P. government.|
|Junior Assistant cum Typist in the Social Welfare Department||Candidates should have cleared the intermediate exam under the Board of Intermediate exam or any other equivalent exam. Candidates should have cleared any of the technical exams conducted by the government in Typewriting as per the standards of Govt. in Telugu.|
|Junior Assistants in Social Welfare Department||Candidates must have cleared the 10+2 level exam under the Board of Intermediate Exam under A. P. government.|
|Junior Assistants from Prisons and Correctional Department||Candidates should have cleared the intermediate exam conducted by the Board of Intermediate Exam under A. P. government.|
|Junior Accountants in Treasuries and Accounts Subordinate Service||Candidates should have completed the intermediate exam from the recognized board of intermediate education in the state. Candidates must be having a bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Computer application engineering. The candidate should have completed any technical course offered by the Board of Technical Education and Professional Training for the same in Hyderabad. Candidates must have experience in troubleshooting, office automation, PC maintenance, and web designing.|
|Junior Assistants from CCLA||Candidates should have cleared the intermediate exam conducted by the Board of Intermediate Exam under A. P. government.|
|Junior Assistants in Fire Department|
Candidates must be of 18 to 36 years of age to apply for the posts under this group. The authorities have provided relaxation for candidates belonging to Physically handicapped category up to 10 years, ST /SC /OBC category up to 5 years, Ex-servicemen up to 3 years, State govt. employees up to 5 years, and for an experienced instructor in N.C.C. for up to 3 years.