Everything need to know about Atal Amrit Abhiyan and Application downloads
Atal Amrit Abhiyan is a cashless healthcare scheme for the citizens of Assam launched by the Indian Government. Atal Amrit Abhiyan is basically an initiative taken by the government to improve the welfare of the people in ASSAM. People with an annual income of fewer than 5 lakhs are eligible for this scheme. As the prime objective of the Atal Amrit Abhiyan scheme, the government will take necessary measures for the development of the health of people by providing them with free and cashless medical treatments covering up to Rs. 2 lakhs every year.
The applicant can receive a number of special benefits after applying for the scheme. Benefits such as free medical care up to Rs. 2 Lakh, cashless medical treatment, and health care, etc. can be availed under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan scheme. Apart from these, the scheme also aids six common and expensive diseases like kidney diseases, cancer, neurological conditions, Burns, Neonatal diseases, and cardiovascular diseases. The patient in need of medical treatment can be admitted to the hospital without any payment.
Atal Amrit Abhiyan scheme comes with treatment coverage for the expenses like medicine, consultations, food, diagnostics, and hospital. In addition to this, the scheme also covers travel expenses of visiting people, daily allowance, treatment, etc.
A large number of households are pushed into poverty as a result of the high level of household spending on healthcare. Illnesses, whether it is long-term, chronic, or sudden and acute, can impose costs on households that can cascade into catastrophic healthcare expenses with wide-ranging consequences. However, even in the lower middle class and middle-class families, when critical illnesses occur, access to quality treatment is limited mainly due to the often prohibitive cost of treatment.
To address this key vulnerability faced by the BPL population and Low-Income households in the State, the Government of Assam has launched the health assurance scheme“Atal Amrit Abhiyan” providing cashless treatment and coverage of critical care targeted at the BPL population and Low-Income households. The Health Assurance Scheme, Atal Amrit Abhiyan aims at making treatment more affordable and also to limit the disastrous financial impact that households often experience due to out-of-pocket spending.
The Salient Features of the Scheme
1) The Scheme is being implemented through one Implementation Support Agency (ISA) named Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd., selected and engaged for the purpose.
2) Scheme will be open for all BPL families and APL families in the state having annual family income up to Rs. 5 lakh. Families of government employees are not eligible under the Scheme.
3) Each individual adult member of the eligible families will be enrolled for the purpose through the ISA and will be issued with a laminated ID card having a unique identification number to facilitate cashless treatment facility at the impaneled hospitals. Children below 18 years of age will be enrolled with the head of the family.
4) The Scheme will be free for BPL families and a nominal amount of Rs. 100/- will be collected from each member of the APL family as enrolment fees annually.
5) The Scheme will provide inpatient treatment facilities at the impaneled hospitals (Private and Public) up to a maximum limit of Rs. 2.00 lakh per individual member per annum within and outside the State of Assam covering 438 procedures for the following diseases:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Renal (Kidney)diseases
- Neonatal diseases
- Neurological conditions
In the first phase, manual applications were collected at the district level and cost of treatment is reimbursed as per guideline of the Scheme. Total 3241 numbers of beneficiaries have received benefits under AAA till now.
Enrolment under the Scheme was started in one block each of seven districts of the State namely Kamrup (R), Majuli, Dibrugarh, Baksa, Cachar, Dhubri and Karbi Anglong on pilot basis on 10th April, 2017. Subsequently, Enrolment was rolled out covering all other blocks/populations in these seven districts. Enrolment has now been taken up in nine more districts namely Golaghat, Jorhat, Nagaon, Sivsagar, Sonitpur, Udalguri, Halikandi, Karimganj, and Morigaon. Enrollment will be done in the remaining districts covering the entire State in the subsequent phase. District kiosks have been opened in these districts to facilitate the modification, correction, and left-out enrollment.
In the year 2016-17 an amount of Rs. 45.00 crores has been released for the Scheme by Govt. of Assam and for the year 2017-18 an amount of Rs. 100.00 crores have been released.