How to Win Big in the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Industry
Source https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Knowledge-Center/Blogs/Amma-Two-Wheeler-Scheme.aspx , This scheme, termed as Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, has been announced by the state government of Tamil Nadu for women. Under this scheme, the state government is offering financial assistance to the women of the state in need of mode of transport for the purpose of moving between their work place and home. The scheme will benefit the women financially in the purchase of two wheeler scooter, which will be subsidized by the government. This is indeed a great new for the employed women of Tamil Nadu. Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, the government will offer subsidy for the purchase of scooter. The subsidy will be around 50% of the overall cost of the two wheeler vehicle. The state government has also made it clear that this subsidy will be offered to the beneficiaries by the state government while the rest of the amount will be funded by the beneficiaries. The government offers a subsidy amount of Rs. 25,000/- at the time of sanction. The government will also assist the working women with financial assistance for the purchase of vehicles directly by the banking and non-banking financial institutions.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
On 24th February, hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the presence of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami launched the subsidized scooter scheme for working women on the occasion of the 70th birth anniversary celebrations of late political leader Jayalalithaa. Today we are going to talk about Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme in detail:
Amma Two-Wheeler scheme was launched for the development of working women especially that comes from the poor section of the society. The main motto of the scheme is ease of use, only gearless or auto-geared vehicles are included in the scheme. Under this scheme, eligible applicants can avail of the discount on a two-wheeler purchase of up to a maximum of 50% or Rs.25,000 whichever is lower. Applicants have to take care of the remaining cost of the two-wheeler. Under this scheme, differently-abled women can get three-wheeled retrofitted two-wheelers.
Benefits Of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The main aim of the government of Tamil Nadu is to empower working women, especially from the underprivileged section of society. Some of the benefits of the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme are mentioned below:
- Approximately 1,00,000 women get the benefit each year.
- Subsidy of 50% of the cost of the Amma scooter or Rs.25,000, whichever is lower.
- Applicable to all urban and rural areas of Tamil Nadu.
- Subsidy gets directly credited to the beneficiaries bank account.
- Differently-abled women can avail retrofitted three-wheeler scooter.
- For the remaining cost, women can avail of bank loan or pay through their own funds.
Eligibility For Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme
Below is a table that offers an insight into the eligibility criteria:
|Age||18 – 40 Years|
|Annual Income||> Rs 2,50,000|
|Education||Appeared Class 8th Examination|
|Driving Licence (DL)||Valid Two-Wheeler Driving Licence or Learner's Licence*|
*If the applicant has applied for a Learner’s Licence, she should submit the valid DL at the time of submitting the subsidy claim form.
- Women who are commuting long distances
- Employed women whose earnings are the primary source of income for the family
- Women who are registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors
- Women employed in shops and establishments
- Self-employed women who are engaged in petty trades
- Women who are either on consolidated salary, daily wages, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, government projects, private institutions, or community-based organizations such as:
- Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam
- Panchayat Level Federations
- Village Poverty Reduction Committees
- Banking correspondents and ASHA workers
Along with the application form, you need to submit copies of the documents mentioned below:
- Proof of age
- Proof of Residence
- Driving Licence or Learner’s Licence
- Income certificate
- Proof of employment in case of salaried or wage employment.
- Proof of educational qualification or appearance of 8th standard exam
- Passport size photograph
- Proof to establish your membership of priority category, wherever applicable
- Differently-abled ID
- Invoice quotation or Proforma Invoice of the vehicle
For more information, you can log in to Tamil Nadu Corporation For the Development Of Women. You may also buy two wheeler insurance from Reliance as it provides financial coverage in case of damage and it is also mandatory as per the Law.
Please comment below for updates and corrections