Ten Things You Didn't Know About Kanna Lakshmi Narayana
Kanna Lakshminarayana, (born 13 August 1950) is an Indian Politician, Ex-President BJP Party for the state of Andhra Pradesh and EX-Member of the Legislative Assembly for Guntur West constituency and EX-Cabinet Minister for Agriculture & Agriculture Technology Mission in Sri.N.Kiran Kumar Reddy's Cabinet.
Kanna Lakshmi Narayana was born on 13 August 1955 in Nagaram Palem, Guntur District. He was the youngest child born to Kanna Rangaiah & Kanna Masthanamma. A successful weightlifter, Kanna Lakshmi Narayana was attracted to politics from a very young age. Hailing from a political family of Guntur, Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has since had a political career of his own, now lasting about 40 years.
Getting on his bicycle during his junior college days, Kanna Lakshmi Narayana, a B Com graduate, used to invite all to JOIN NSUI by writing on the walls and this was his way of getting initiated into politics. Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has also competed in shooting, winning a gold medal.
Politics: In 2009 Kanna Lakshmi Narayana won the election to the State Assembly for the fifth term from Guntur (West) Assembly constituency; he won from Pedakurapadu, the biggest constituency in Andhra Pradesh, for four straight terms, from 1989 to 2004, including the 1994 Assembly elections when only 26 Congressmen won the election.
Kanna Lakshmi Narayana was Ex-President BJP party for the state of Andhra Pradesh & Ex- Cabinet Minister for Agriculture & Agriculture Technology mission, Minister for Housing in the cabinet of Hon'ble Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, Minister of Major Industries, Food Processing, Commerce & Export Promotion in the cabinet of Hon'ble Chief Minister K. Rosaiah, having served as Transport Minister in the previous Cabinet of late Hon’ble CM Dr. Y. S. Rajashekhar Reddy.
In 2019, he contested for parliament from Narasaraopet and lost the deposit. He came 4th by receiving 1.08% of all the votes polled.
Policies: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has a progressive outlook. From the time he started his ministerial responsibilities in 1991 under N. Janardhan Reddy's cabinet till today, Narayana has worked to implement welfare and developmental programs for the weaker sections and backward classes.
Public services: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has worked to establish Junior colleges in Krosur and Thallur in his constituency as well as Primary Health Center buildings.
Safe drinking water: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has also worked to resolve the health problems caused by the high rate of fluoride content in drinking water in several villages. He secured Rs 3.50 crores of funds sanctioned for the Community Protected Drinking Water Scheme for the surrounding villages of Bellamkonda and thus ensured that residents of 17 villages got protected drinking water. Apart from this he also got sanctions for 300 bore wells in several villages and protected drinking water schemes were implemented in many villages.
Infrastructure: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has worked towards providing electricity facilities to over 150 weaker sections’ colonies belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. To resolve the problem of low voltage, new transformers and modernization of existing transformers in the villages were undertaken. Substations were provided to each Mandal. To speed up the development of a good road network and efficient and effective transport system were essential, so Kanna Lakshmi Narayana sanctioned new roads and undertook the construction of bridges in several villages. Some other major programs initiated have been housing schemes for weaker sections under Indiramma Phase I and II. In total 28,680 houses were sanctioned and have been completed to date.
Agriculture: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana has also introduced development programs for agriculture including providing several thousands of acres with irrigation facilities by getting funds to repair and modernize the canals. 18 big lift irrigation schemes were completed and it has helped in providing irrigation facilities to 40,525 acres. In addition he worked to provide farmers with an adequate supply of seeds, fertilizers and financial assistance to purchase agricultural pump sets. Narayana also started a new Agricultural Marketing Yard in Krosur. This provided infrastructure for Go Downs, platforms and administrative building and he got sufficient financial resources sanctioned for this developmental activity.
Political career: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana won the election to the State Assembly for the fifth term from Guntur (West) Assembly constituency in 2009. He won from Pedakurapadu, the biggest constituency in Andhra Pradesh, for four straight terms, from 1989 to 2004. He joined the BJP on 27 October 2014 in Delhi in presence of Amit Shah, its national president
- 1972 1978 : President, District NSUI, Guntur.
- 1979 1985 : Worked as development officer, New India Assurance Company.
- 1986 1987 : President, City Youth Congress, Guntur.
- 1987 1988 : General Secretary, A.P.Youth Congress
- 1988 1990 : President, Guntur District Youth Congress & Labour Cell Chief Vice President INTUC District Organising Secretary, A.P. Sevadal
- 1996 1998 : General Secretary, Pradesh Congress Committee, Andhra Pradesh. Under the Stewardship of Late Dr. Mallikarjun, President.
- 2000 2003 : General Secretary, Pradesh Congress Committee, Andhra Pradesh. Under the Stewardship Sri M. Satyanarayana Rao, President
- 1995 : Member, State Local Bodies Election Committee APCC 1995 1997 : Chairman, Public Accounts Committee
- 1999 : Member State Election Committee APCC
- 2004 : Member State Election Committee APCC
- 2009 : Member State Election Committee APCC
- AS MEMBER OF LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
- 1989 1994 : Elected from Pedakurapadu Assembly Constituency, Guntur District
- 1994 1999 : Elected from Pedakurapadu Assembly Constituency, Guntur District and as a WHIP of Congress Legislature Party
- 1999 2004 : Elected from Pedakurapadu Assembly Constituency, Guntur District
- 2004 2009 : Elected from Pedakurapadu Assembly Constituency, Guntur District
- 2009 : Elected from Guntur West Assembly Constituency
- AS MINISTER
- 1991 1994 : Minister of State (INDEPENDENT CHARGE) in the Cabinet of Sri. Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy and Late Sri Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy
- 2004 2009 : Cabinet Minister in Late Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddys Cabinet
- 2009 May : Cabinet Minister for Major Industries, Commerce & Export Promotion and Food Processing in Late Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddys Cabinet
- 2009 September : Cabinet Minister for Major Industries, Commerce & Export Promotion and Food Processing in Sri.K Rosaiahs Cabinet
- 2010 December : Cabinet Minister for Housing in Sri.N. Kiran Kumar Reddys Cabinet
- 2012 February : Cabinet Minister for Agriculture & agriculture technology mission in Sri.N. Kiran Kumar Reddys Cabinet
- 2018 - 2020 : President BJP Party for the state of Andhra Pradesh
Personal life: Kanna Lakshminarayana is married to Kanna Vijaya Lakshmi. They have two sons, Kanna Naga Raju who was mayor of Guntur city and Kanna Phaneendra who looks after the family business & also owns a polo team which is rated as one of the top three polo teams in Asia.
Note: please Comment Here for UPDATES and CORRECTIONS
Donate. Buy Us Coffee
Why news media is in crisis & How you can fix it.
India needs free, fair, non-hyphenated and questioning journalism even more as it faces multiple crises. But the news media is in a crisis of its own. There have been brutal layoffs and pay cuts. The best of journalism is shrinking, yielding to the crude prime-time spectacle. My digital news .in has very few young reporters, columnists and editors working for it. Sustaining journalism of this quality needs smart and thinking people like you to pay for it. Whether you live in India or overseas, you can do it here
NOTE: Please email us for updates and corrections, if you wish to publish articles like this you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or you can Directicle write Articles on our Site by registering https://mydigitalnews.in/register
Disclaimer: Mydigitalnews.in provides the content from various information sources ‘as is and the content to be used only for informational purposes and not responsible for the inaccuracy or deficiency of the provided information. Mydigitalnews. in have the right, at its sole discretion, to make modifications in any aspect of the provided information.
Mydigitalnews. in Internet site may contain links to other Internet sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.