What are ashta siddhi's ? Eight Super Natiral Powers Mentions in Ramayan
Sitha Maa Blessed the Hanuma With Ashta Siddi, in hanuman chalisa there is a verse" Ashta sddhi nava nidhi ke dhaathaa "
1. Anima: is the ability to reduce the body size, so much so that, one can even reduce one’s size to the atom. Krishna in Srimad Bhagavatam describes this trait as “becoming smaller than the smallest”. In Ramayana, Hanuman has been shown to use this trait while he went to search for Sita in Lanka. The modern-day Ant-Man in the Marvel world also possesses the same siddhi power.
2. Mahima: is the ability to assume a gigantic form. Krishna in Srimad Bhagavatam describes the property as becoming larger than the largest. When Hanuman burned Lanka in Ramayana and when Lord Vishnu in his Vamana avatar enlarged himself that it only took him three steps to cover all three worlds are some instances of Mahima.
3. Garima: is the ability to be heavy in weight by will. In Hindu epics, there is an instance when Hanuman increased the strength of his tail such that even Bhima couldn’t lift it. While Bhima climbed the Gandhamadana mountains to get some flowers for Draupadi, he was stopped by a monkey’s tail on the way. He asks the monkey to remove the tail off the road, but the monkey replies by stating that he is old and Bhima should remove it himself. However, even being the strongest person on earth, Bhima couldn’t lift it.
4. Laghima is derived from the word laghu, which translates from Sanskrit as small or light. This means the ability to make one’s body light. Flying and levitation are the other powers obtained from Laghima.
5. Prapti: is the ability to obtain, which indicates the ability to get anything anywhere. We’ve seen Gods creating things out of thin air on various shows based on Hindu epics. This shows the prapti siddhi.
6. Prakamya It is the ability to realize dreams and get what’s desired.
7. Isitva Isa in Sanskrit means Lord, so isitva means lordship. It is the power over creation.
8. Vasitva It is the power to get everything under control, especially in terms of physical manifestations.
From Bhagavata Purana
- Tri-kāla-jñatvam: Knowledge of past present and future
- Advandvam (non-duality): not being subject to dualities of heat/ cold, pain/ pleasure, sweat/ bitter, good/ bad
- Para citta ādi abhijñatā: Knowing of others’ minds
- Agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: having a fire, sun, water, poison in control and stopping their effect
- Aparājayah: becoming unconquerable
- Anūrmi-mattvam: Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other body generated cravings
- Dūra-śravaṇa: Hearing things/ events happening very far
- Dūra-darśanam: Seeing things/ events happening very far
- Manaḥ-javah (manojvitva): Moving physical body wherever one wants
- kāma-rūpam: Attaining/ assuming the desired form
- Para-kāya praveśanam (vikranabhav): Entering another person body (spirits are believed to enter a person’s physical body whose astral body is weak, but the power mentioned here is different and superior)
- Sva-chanda mṛtyuh: To die only on one’s wish (like that of Bhishma from Mahabharat, like that of many sages who left their bodies by their own wish)
- Devānām Saha krīḍā anudarśanam: Witnessing the pastimes of demi-gods (or Witnessing the events of 3 worlds as pastimes like God does)
- Yathā sańkalpa saḿsiddhiḥ: Achieving as one determines
- ājñā apratihatā gatiḥ: One’s commands unstopped
Note: please Comment Here for UPDATES and CORRECTIONS
Donate. Buy Us Coffee
Why news media is in crisis & How you can fix it.
India needs free, fair, non-hyphenated and questioning journalism even more as it faces multiple crises. But the news media is in a crisis of its own. There have been brutal layoffs and pay cuts. The best of journalism is shrinking, yielding to the crude prime-time spectacle. My digital news .in has very few young reporters, columnists and editors working for it. Sustaining journalism of this quality needs smart and thinking people like you to pay for it. Whether you live in India or overseas, you can do it here
NOTE: Please email us for updates and corrections, if you wish to publish articles like this you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or you can Directicle write Articles on our Site by registering https://mydigitalnews.in/register
Disclaimer: Mydigitalnews.in provides the content from various information sources ‘as is and the content to be used only for informational purposes and not responsible for the inaccuracy or deficiency of the provided information. Mydigitalnews. in have the right, at its sole discretion, to make modifications in any aspect of the provided information.
Mydigitalnews. in Internet site may contain links to other Internet sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.