Interesting Facts History about Engineering Projects (India) Ltd A GOI Enterprise - A Mini Ratna Company
Since then, EPI (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) has admirably performed its assigned roles as the country’s leading Prime Contracting Company and has left its imprint not only in India but in the overseas market as well where its past operation spread over a decade in the wake of oil boom in the Middle East. EPI (Engineering Projects (India)
Envisioning and visualizing the concept of turnkey execution of projects as an effective tool to create the needed infrastructure to hasten the pace of multi-disciplinary industrial construction, EPI (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) was incorporated in 1970 as A Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Department of Heavy Industry.
Since then, EPI (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) has admirably performed its assigned roles as the country’s leading Prime Contracting Company and has left its imprint not only in India but in the overseas market as well where its past operation spread over a decade in the wake of oil boom in the Middle East.
EPI (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) successfully executed 33 odd projects valued over US$ 1050.204 million in Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yugoslavia, Maldives, Bhutan, Thailand and Oman EPI (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) has executed over 620 multi-disciplinary projects in India valuing over Rs.121178.235 million.
Through the execution of these projects,(Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) EPI has in its own way contributed immensely in the development of the Nation and there is hardly any state in India where EPI’s pronounced presence is not visible.
(Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) EPI has the rare distinction of having worked for almost all Power Sectors and Steel Plants in India in Public Sector as well as in Private Sector.
(Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) EPI’s contribution in project execution for various sectors is also quite substantial. (Engineering Projects (India) Ltd) EPI is proud to be one of the first few companies to have been awarded integrated certification for Quality Management & Environment Management System and Information Security Management System as per ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for all its areas of operation, OHSAS 18001:2007 for Corporate Office, ISMS ISO and is a "Mini Ratna" Company.
Vision & Mission of Engineering Projects (India) Ltd EPI
VISION : To be the leading turnkey project execution company, committed to quality and timely completion of projects, continuously enhancing stakeholder value.
OBJECTIVES : Focus and maintain business in its most profitable segments while expanding into new business segments. Deliver exceptional client service with an unrelenting focus on value creation. Pursue operational excellence with a strong focus on quality and margins.
EPI is a uniquely integrated engineering company capable of handling a broad line of contracting and consultancy business. Its composition and character make it ideally suited to take up execution of large and complex construction projects in a wide spectrum of industry.
EPI offers the following services:
- FEASIBILITY STUDIES
- DETAILED PROJECT REPORTS
- DESIGN AND ENGINEERING
- SUPPLY OF PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL WORKS
- ERECTION, TRIAL RUN AND COMMISSIONING
- TRAINING OF SUPERVISORS AND OPERATORS
- OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
- TURN-KEY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY
Areas of Operation
EPI's main areas of operation cover a broad spectrum of projects in the following sectors:
- Civil Engineering
- Material Handling Projects
- Metallurgical & Coal Based
- Industrial Projects and Process Plants
- Water Supply, Environmental & Industries
- Oil Petrochemical and Chemical
- Detailed planning for various activities like design and engineering, material procurement and manpower mobilization.
- Detailed resource schedules made out
- Detailed work breakdown structure of various activities at the site and controlling office.
- Immediate mobilization of manpower on the award of the project.
- Regular monitoring of implementation schedules by Site/Controlling Office using the latest Project Monitoring Software package. Critical activities are monitored on a day-to-day basis.
- Actual implementation at site carried out by qualified and experienced professionals.
- Customer feedback monitored by Project Incharge/Controlling Office.
- We also offer Project Management Consultancy
Material Management & Contracts
- Manned by highly qualified and experienced managers and engineers.
- Have established a large database of vendors, contractors and other service providers in various areas of interest to EPI.
- Have evolved effective and efficient registration and tendering processes to ensure timely and cost-effective supplies of materials and services - Quality, Economy and Timely Delivery being the main objectives.
Projects Planning, Scheduling & Monitoring
- The function of Project Planning, Scheduling and Monitoring is an integral part of the Project Management System.
- These functions are fully computerised based on software developed within EPI and the latest Project Scheduling and Monitoring software packages from the leading international companies.
- The scheduling of various activities proceeds in an integrated manner with the involvement of all the concerned Divisions.
- All activities are being monitored on regular basis with critical activities being monitored on day to day basis. Reports related to critical activities, ongoing activities, hold up analysis, remedial action taken /proposed etc. are generated for detailed review, decision making and action, wherever required.
- The objective is to deliver the project ON TIME, WITHIN COST PARAMETERS and ensuring QUALITY and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.