Mausam APP -Ministry of Earth Science
Users can access observed weather, forecasts, radar images. The Mausam mobile app will be an important tool for the dissemination of weather information and warnings in an attractive and user-friendly manner that will meet the requirements of the public. This mobile app is available both on Playstore and Appstore. Earth Science skills”, become “life skills”, and therefore the earth sciences ministry can easily be seen as the “Life Skills Ministry
MAUSAM is a Mobile App of the India Meteorological Department (IMD), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India to provide seamless and user-friendly access to weather products available on https://mausam.imd.gov.in/. Users can access observed weather, forecasts, radar images and be proactively warned of impending weather events. The app’s development and deployment is being led jointly by ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture & Youth (DAY) team and the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) under the Monsoon Mission program of MoES.
App Download link from Play Store :- Click Here
The mobile app has been designed and developed jointly by ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture & Youth (DAY) team, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune and India Meteorological Department.
SERVICES OF MAUSAM MOBILE APP :
- CURRENT WEATHER–Current temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction for 200 cities updated 8 times a day.
- Information on Sunrise/ sunset and moonrise/ moonset are also given.
- NOWCAST– Three hourly warnings of localized weather phenomena and their intensity issued for about 800 stations. Severe weather impacts will also be shown.
- CITY FORECAST – Past 24 hours and a 7-day forecast of weather conditions around 450 cities in India.
- WARNINGS– Alerts issued twice a day for all districts for the next five days in colour code (Red, Orange and Yellow) to warn citizens of approaching dangerous weather.
- RADAR PRODUCTS: Latest Station wise radar products updated every 10 minutes.
This Mobile App is dedicated to the general public .App is designed to communicate the weather information and forecasts in a lucid manner without technical jargons. Users can access observed weather, forecasts, radar images .This information can proactively warn impending weather events.
RED : The colour code Red is the most severe category urging authorities to take action.
ORANGE : This code prompts authorities and public to be alert .
YELLOW : Yellow code prompts authorities and public to keep themselves updated.
What's Your Reaction?